Best Places to Stay – Top 5 Resorts in Kannur picked by Tyndis
The best resorts in Kannur have seen an increase in the number of tourists since an airport has opened there. There are few resorts or hotels near Kannur Airport but if you are looking for resorts in Kannur with panoramic view, then most of them are around the beach. Here are the five best resorts in Kannur beach that Tyndis would like to recommend.
Rich in culture and heritage, there are many exciting things to do in Kannur for tourists like the Theyyam dance, display of Kalaripayattu – mother of all martial art, Arakkal Museum, St Angelo’s fort, the local hand-weaving centres, Snake Park Temple, Parasinikadavu temple, spice market and for nature enthusiasts there is backwaters, the Mangroves, a plethora of flora and fauna in the wetland valley of Madayipara, Aaralam wildlife sanctuary, the longest drive-in beach in Asia, secluded beaches and beautiful resorts in Kannur. The proximity of Kannur to metropolitan city Bangalore makes it a very appealing holiday destination in North Kerala.
We, ‘Tyndis’ are a group of young enthusiastic travellers who are extremely passionate about meeting new people. We recommend our guests the best stays according to their choice and budget, showcase them truly unique places and make them look at things with a fresh outlook. Here are five very different beach stay in Kannur that’s worth experiencing.
Table of Contents
1. Krishna Beach Resort
Krishna Beach Resort is a splendid property spread across five acres of land next to the seashore with private beach access. This resort stands out for the richness of ancient tantric Vaastu Shilpa, which is truly an architectural marvel! As they have incorporated the tattva elements in their architecture and in the placement of the resort, it is believed to exude positive vibes for the rejuvenation of “body, mind and soul’’. Krishna is one of the best resorts in Kannur for a rejuvenating beach vacation.
There are eight luxurious suites and twenty-four sea facing deluxe rooms with large balconies in this Kannur resort. The view from the balcony of the gigantic idol of Lord Shiva, the dancing waves of the Arabian Sea and beautiful sunset is a visual treat!
The staff in this stay in Kannur treats the guests no less than a God. As you walk into this property one can experience the warm hospitality extended. Being a huge property, it is a great destination for having lavish wedding parties, business offsite trips, family trips and for spiritually inclined souls.
What’s Special at Krishna Beach Resort?
- Luxurious setting and fitting
- Located right next to the beach
- Spiritual elements
Distance to reach:
Kannur Airport: 32 km
Kannur Railway Station: 5 km
2. Bodhi Beach House
If you are the kinds who set out on weekends with backpacker friends, to explore and to have some fun tossing volleyball on the beach, play some board games, have a barbeque party or just lie around lazily reading books, then you are sure to love this stay in Kannur.
Situated at the Kizhunna Beach, in Thottada, Bodhi Beach House is a four-room traditional style budget resorts in Kannur beach. The property has a lovely garden and a terrace. This bed and breakfast stay in Kannur have calm and quiet ambience around, has eco-friendly rooms with attached bathroom, a TV, and homely food. If this is your first visit to Kannur, go for a Kannur sightseeing tour and come back to this beach house to unwind.
Why stay at the Bodhi beach house?
- For a feeling of home away from home
- Value for money
- Best Kannur homestay near the beach
- Quiet and peaceful location
- Access to almost a private beach
- Supportive and caring staff
- Lots of Greenery
Distance to reach:
Kannur Railway Station: 6.5 km
Kannur International Airport: 17.6 km
3. Neeleshwar Hermitage
Set in a secluded palm grove, this luxurious beach resort near Kannur comprises of sixteen very spacious cottages with private courtyard garden. Features such as the infinity pool, lush gardens, fine cuisine, an Ayurvedic spa and a wonderful private beach induce a sense of complete relaxation and harmonious wellbeing during your stay here. Most of all, each guest in this luxurious hotel is pampered, given the royal treatment and served meticulously, paying attention to detail.
Constructed in local laterite stone and topped by tile or thatch, each cottage is placed amidst verdant foliage to give its occupants a sense of peace and privacy. The teak floors, high ceilings, carved woodwork fashioned in traditional style by local craftsmen, and antique handicrafts lend a royal ambience to this property.
Things to do while staying in the Hermitage:
- Connect to the rhythms of nature by taking a stroll along the lovely coastline of a fishing village, paddy fields and learn to catch frogs using a thin stem of the palm leaf
- Explore the narrow lanes in the neighbourhood on a bike
- Take an Ayurvedic massage, attend a yoga and meditation session to enliven your mind and soul and feel the vitality by being one with the cosmic life force
- Take a storytelling walk at Bekal Fort.
- Take a relaxing cruise on Kerala houseboats (traditional rice barges)
- Take a short excursion to the lush green hills of Kundamkuzhi to enjoy the spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. Go on a plantation walk through the coconut trees, areca palm, rubber trees, and pepper vines.
- Visit waterfalls during the monsoon
- Experience in Kayaking in Kavvayi
- See the man-made caves dug into the hillsides to form natural conduits for potable water
Distance to reach:
Kannur Airport: 83 km
Nileshwar Railway Station: 6 km
By road from Bangalore: 6-7 hrs
4. Chera Rock Beach House
Situated at Thottada junction in Kannur, this resort in Kannur beach is perched on top of a hill with a lovely sea-side view. Tourists will have to park their vehicles on the cliff and walk 250 meters to reach the property. The professional staff on hand fulfils all your requirements with exquisite attention to detail, right from the moment of inquiry through departure. The friendly hosts here ensures that everyone who enters this place as a guest leaves as friends.
Providing exceptional value for money, this is one of the resorts in Kannur that offers a peaceful stay close to nature, homely food and all essential services to ensure you are comfortable. The superior rooms are cottages built in traditional Kerala-style. One can enjoy panoramic views of the beautiful sea and the Kizhunna beach from your veranda sipping on a drink.
Why stay here at the Chera Rock Beach House?
- Cottages are spacious & well-ventilated unlike other resorts in Kannur
- Experience the healing touch of authentic ayurvedic wellness therapy & Yoga classes
- Better scope for rejuvenation than hotels in Kannur.
- Availability of a babysitter on call
- Two-wheeler on rent
- Travel guidance to visit Kannur Tourist Places
- If you crave for some lovely north Kerala dishes, taste them and learn some of their speciality dishes in the cookery classes conducted by them
- Enjoy peace of Kayaking at sea during sunset or on full moon days
- Visit the secluded private island Dharmadam in a country boat
Distance to reach:
Kannur Airport: 25 km
Kannur Railway Station: 14 km
Thalasserry Railway Station: 14 km
5. Villa De 1945, Mahe
Tucked between Kannur and Kozhikode, there is an old-world charm about the surroundings in Mahe. The beauty of its French colonial heritage is reflected in the buildings around when you take a stroll from Thalassery to Mahe.
The soft light, stained glass, wooden furniture and furnishing of Villa De 1945 – a heritage boutique hotel near Kannur, blends well with the setting of the place. British and French-inspired interiors and design will truly make your stay a euphoric one. With spacious 6 deluxe rooms and 8 royal suites, this hotel has all the features to make your stay happy and relaxed. Just a short walk from the walkway beach, getting to the beach is easy.
What’s special here?
- Sophisticated look
- Yummy seafood and Continental restaurant
- Thalassery fort that stands majestic on a rocky cliff on the Thalassery beach lends a very mystical touch with a lighthouse, a cemetery; a church and the collector’s mansion
Distance to reach:
Kannur Airport: 36 km
Mahe Railway Station: 3 km
Thalasserry Railway Station: 10 km
Did you know the country’s first Christmas cake was baked here in Thalassery? Mambally Bapu, a well-travelled trader set his first bakery here way back in 1884. Till date, expatriates from USA and UAE place huge orders of Christmas cakes from bakeries set up by branches of the Mambally family in Thalasserry. So on your visit remember to get yourself a slice of history.
Tyndis guarantees you the best rate for the above given five resorts in Kannur. We promise to give you a refund if you can find a lower rate than what we offer on any platform online or offline. So contact us to make your bookings now. Experience the relaxing stay in these Resorts in Kannur.